13th September 2011
We're getting our bags packed for Camp Frack but that's not all the news:
- Camp Frack is this weekend, and there has just been an EDM submitted proposing a moratorium on shale gas extraction.
- Our demo against a mystery corporate target was the Koch Brothers, and we had a massive banner outside their London HQ.
- The new Climate Emergency pamphlet is online for you to download.
- Fancy a pint and a chat? Come to our next social evening at the end of the month.
- Be sure to put our climate justice conference in your diary.
- Take part in online actions against Koch Industries and the government's fracking policy.
- Read the latest climate change news, including the latest on sea ice levels and a big direct action in the USA.
- Caroline Lucas and Michael Meacher have submitted an EDM calling for a moratorium on coal bed methane, shale oil and shale gas. Read it here and get your MP to sign it. Download a template letter to send to your MP here.
After months of research, our new 52-page pamphlet has been launched, covering everything from renewable energy to El Niño, and from global dimming to methane hydrates. You can view and download it absolutely free from our website: pamphlet.
For hard copy orders, please e-mail email@example.com
Call 07903316331 if you need help finding the venue etc.
This year's big public meeting will have a climate justice theme which will be carried over into our demonstration on December 3rd. The conference will be held at the School of Oriental and Africal Studies (SOAS) in central London. Keep an eye out on future e-mails for more information.
E-mail Koch Industries offices around the world asking them to stop funding climate change disinformation.
Sign the petition on the government's own e-petitions website calling for a moratorium on fracking.
And don't forget to e-mail your MP to ask them to sign EDM 2159!
Australia has passed landmark legislation which forces big companies to pay a tax of A$23 (£15) per tonne of carbon emitted from July next year.
1,252 people, including James Hansen and Daryl Hannah were arrested outside the White House over 14 days in protest over plans to build the "Keystone XL" pipeline which will transport oil from Canada's tar sands to the US.
The falling cost of solar power has led to a boom in installations in the USA.
Arctic ice levels have now hit a record low, surpassing the previous low point that was reached four years ago.
George Monbiot gives his critical analysis on a new geoengineering project whereby water droplets are injected into the atmosphere in an attempt to reflect more sunlight back into space.